Re: map, the lesser. .lj.edus.si>

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 12/30/97

At 10:42 AM 12/30/97 +0100, you wrote:
>On Mon, 29 Dec 1997, Drago's wrote:
>
>> I agree.  However, is this a reason to give them a map?  If anything, these
>> areas
>> should be the rarest map you could find.  Maps of cities would be easy to
>> make and I
>> could MAYBE understand selling them at a store in that city.  However,
don't
>> you think giving players an automatic map of a large, most likely
>> un-inhabited and uncivilized area a bit dumb?
>
>Well IMO, giving maps to the players of medeival mud is a bit silly... :)
>Ok, there are lands that have been charted by some explorers, but maps
>should be, yes I agree, rare... :) But in the futuristic map, you should
>give players maps, since everybody is having with them a terrain scanner
>and who knows what other nifty widgets and gadgets :)

But they don't get the whole map. *grin* Just one section of it, what they
can see around them. Rather than seeing the whole map, they see a 3x3 or
9x9 grid (*havent decided which yet*). They still have to explore, as a
matter of fact, IMHO there is more to explore because certain locations
(*cities and other special locations*) that are one character on the vmap
can be hundreds of rooms in and of themselves...

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004