Re: Iedit Patch

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 12/31/97

On Wed, 31 Dec 1997, Jeff Almeida wrote:

>So, it will be a while before I am done with it.  Also, to admit stupidity, I
>really have no idea HOW to make a patch for it since my source is modified
>pl11 and I didnt keep track of the changes.  (I didnt think others would be
>all that interested.)

Untar a fresh copy of bpl11, create a patch file, then untar bpl12, apply
the patch, fix any rejects, diff that against stock bpl12.

Or if you need the command line examples, (assuming you named your
directory 'circle-iedit')

tar -xzf circle30bpl11.tar.gz
(Or 'gunzip -c circle30bpl11.tar.gz | tar -xf -' if you don't have GNU tar)
cd circle30bpl11
./configure
cd ..
diff -uprNbB circle30bpl11/src circle-iedit/src > iedit.patch
tar -xzf circle30bpl12.tar.gz
cd circle30bpl12
./configure
cp -r src stk
cd src
patch < ../../iedit.patch
diff -uprNbB ../stk . > ../../iedit.patch

-u = unified (+/-, no !)
-p = show C function
-r = recursive, (in case you modifed utils)
-N = show new files and erased files
-b = ignore space change
-B = ignore blank lines