Name Change && ASCII Pfiles...

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 01/01/98

Just wanted to run a check via the group. I want to have a name change
admin-type command. The only things I have to change are the player.name
and then the index, right?

Also, I was having the same problem as someone else using ASCII pfiles, re:
the cannot open player file pfiles/S/Stormrider. I believe the fix was to
change:

sprintf(filename, "%s/%c/%s", PLR_PREFIX, *player_table[id].name,
      player_table[id].name);

To:
sprintf(filename, "%s/%c/%s", PLR_PREFIX, LOWER(*player_table[id].name),
      LOWER(player_table[id].name));

Gives me some warnings but allows me to log in, the problem crops up only
randomly so I just wanted to check because I know someone had posted a fix
before and I was operating off of logic and memory. =)

Happy new year all!

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004