Re: [OLC] Update from "stock"

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/05/98

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Jesper Andersen wrote:

> This might be a stupid question .. but is there a patch from the
> Oasis"stock" to 1.5 or 1.6. I have crash-bugs when I save with Medit in
> memory and crashbug when I save Sedit to the disk (any ideas?).
> I can only find patches from normal bpl12 stock to 1.5 and 1.6. A general
> diresction towards a site or similary would be appriciated :0)

I think you are referring to Oasis 1.3 when you mention "stock". If you
are not too far along in your coding, I would suggest removing the Oasis
1.3 patch with the -R paramater (see George's website, or man patch for
more details). If that is not an option, then I would suggest starting
over with fresh bpl12 code, Oasis 1.6 and the 1.6-1.6a patches.

If that is not an option either, then grab some heavy doses of caffine, a
comfy chair, some good coding music (soundtrack to Conan works for me),
and start finding what is different between your code, and Oasis 1.6.
There are tons of changes, and you'll need to do them all by hand.

No, I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just being brutally honest about it.
Matter of fact.... That's something that I still have to do, and I'm
not looking forward to doing it. *shudder*

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke