Re: Email from within the MUD

From: The Merciless Lord of Everything (serces@MUD.DK)
Date: 01/06/98

Jeff Almeida wrote:

> How do I go about having the MUD automatically send an email.  (NOT
> Mudmail, just a good ole every day email...)  I would imagine that it would
> have to do with reading the Man pages on pine or mail, but has anyone done
> this?  (I also realize that this will make the mud platform specific.
Yup.. :) I send all boardmails out on the respective mailinglists
(Immboard to Immlist, Social board to Mortal list). But instead of using
pine/mail I address sendmail, much nicer and quicker to handle things
this way. I'll see if I can dig up some code if you're interessted???

S. P. Skou
Serces@mud.dk - Implementor at The Realm of Chaos - chaos.mud.dk 4000