Re: [patch]Patchlevel12 large bugfix

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 01/06/98

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, John Evans wrote:

>The way I understand it, George puts stuff there when he's sure that the
>code will work, but hasn't had time to test it.

Well, it's then when I:
A) Am sure I think it works. (Different than sure it works.)
B) Want to post something for others to look at.

>As always, when you are unsure about what a patch is going to do, then
>patch it in by hand. Yes, it does take more time and effort to do that,

Actually, I'd recommend reading the patch first.  In the case of that page,
it's usually best to apply it automatically via patch to a fresh code tree
and try to compile it.  If that works, run it.  If that works, then you can
try to put it in. :) (Hopefully enough steps to stop people from asking why
something doesn't work or help getting it working.  I'll get it fixed when
I have time...)

>but if you don't want to spend that time and effort on your mud, then I
>would suggest that you stick with playing muds, not coding on them.

You die less while coding.