Re: Shapechanging help.

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/08/98

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Patrick J. Dughi wrote:

>      Well, these both have advantages and disadvantages, usually because
> the ability to simply become the other creature is quite powerful. Can
> anyone think of a way to make it limited, or not quite so omnipitment?

I have about 100 items that will randomly load on a mob. Everytime a mob
is loaded into the game (via zone reset, not the load command), there is
a 20% chance that a random item will be reset into its inventory. The
item that resets is randomly picked.

What's my point??? Well, I use those random items as spell components for
powerful spells. That way the item is not coming from the same place or
mob, so people can't stock up on them. They just have to get them as they
stumble across them and (try to) keep them for later use.

Perhaps doing something like making the spell/ability use two material
components: a peice of the corpse of the thing you're morphing into and a
randomly discovered spell component.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke