Re: RH 5.0 comments

From: Cris Jacobin (jacobin@BELLATLANTIC.NET)
Date: 01/08/98

>On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Cris Jacobin wrote:
>
>>        Not that anyone's interested but circle didn't compile clean under
>>RedHat 5.0.
>
>That's because RedHat changes the source code of things they distribute.
>
>I've not had a problem with glibc 2.0.6 or libc 5.4.41 I installed myself.
>
>I'll keep Slackware thanks.
>
>(I do have access to a RedHat 5.0 machine though in case Jeremy wants to
>know specific warnings to fix them.)
>
>--
>George Greer  -  Me@Null.net   | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
>http://www.van.ml.org/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard

        Well looked into it further today.  And it appears the culprit is
of all things, an few #ifndef's eval to -true- even though the functions
are prototyped properly in /stdlib.h!

        Once they eval incorrectly, the game tries to install and use
Jeremy's super duper random functions.

        But yes, I agree George.  Wtf someone would change the lables for
oft used typedef's within the Gnu package I haven't a clue.  I -will- say
that besides not working too well, the new glibc looks alot cleaner.

        In any case, does anyone have a reason -why- a #ifndef statement
would eval incorrectly?  I've not been able to figure this on out.

-Jac