Re: [newbie]win95 off-line connection

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 01/09/98

> hi i was just wondering if there was some reason when ever i try to
> connect to my mud it always hangs after trying to connect, but on
> the dos screen the mud detects a user, then logs me out because of
> inactiveness. after logging me out, zMUD finally moves and shows the
> opening screen. it's strange, is there something i'm doing wrong? or
> has this happened before to someone else and there needs to be a
> patch or a certain program to use to telnet into the mud offline?

very simple...
1, make sure you use 127.0.0.1 for your ip address TO
        your mud.
2. type #ig when connecting to the mud using ZMUD as this turns off
        all triggers and command line parsing (increases ZMUD's speed
        immensly).  ZMUD tends to hang when connecting to muds.

SideNote:  somebody said Winsock.dll  in win95B won't let you do
anything until you are dialed out.   Either you have a bad winsock,
or you need to review something, as this is not the case.

I have 5 computers running static ip's (the 198.162 ghost ips that
will never get hooked into the internet--much like 127.0.0.1).  They
are NEVER dialed into anything, but they work GREAT, with
ping..tracerts, all the cool stuff working at speeds most people WISH
they had....so i don't know, maybe something is wrong with yours?

baktor