Re: Races?

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 01/18/98

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, IcE MasteR wrote:

>No, you know what is REALLY bad?? Circle is SUPPOSED to a mud designed for
>SHARING and HELPING, all you "Experienced" Coders do is sit around and mock
>newbies about being stupied and laze, ALOT of people learn from EXSISTING

release.doc sayeth:

--- 8< --- 8< ---
CircleMUD is highly developed from the programming side, but highly
UNdeveloped on the game-playing side.  So, if you're looking for a huge MUD
with billions of spells, skills, classes, races, and areas, Circle will
probably disappoint you severely.  Circle still has only the 4 original
Diku classes, the original spells, the original skills, and about a dozen
areas.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a highly stable, well-developed,
well-organized "blank slate" MUD on which you can put your OWN ideas for
spells, skills, classes, and areas, then Circle might be just what you're
looking for.
--- 8< --- 8< ---

Note the capitalized 'own' in there.

>code, or did you all forget that? (Looks that way). I personaly take
>snippits and use them as a begging code base then modify them completely.

Yes, but you're not whining/beggin to get something to base off of are you?
You take what is available.

>How about if you don't have anything HELPFULL to say not SAYING anything at
>all, OR atleast take it to PRIVATE e-mail to flame someone!

People are so defensive. 'Help! Help! I'm being repressed!'

ObCircle:
Oh hum, ok, I'll make up a simple 'restrict' -> 'circle_restrict' patch.