Re: [newbie]second attack

From: Joe Frohne (frohne@POST.ITS.MCW.EDU)
Date: 01/19/98

> the mud crashes and dumps core after seemingly random amount

> + if (!IS_NPC(ch) && GET_POS(FIGHTING(ch)) >= POS_FIGHTING) {
> +   if (GET_SKILL(ch,SKILL_SEC_ATTACK) > 0) {
> +     if (number(1,101) < GET_SKILL(ch,SKILL_SEC_ATTACK)) {
> +       hit(ch,FIGHTING(ch),TYPE_UNDEFINED);
> +     }
> +   }
> + }
>

>  hit(ch,FIGHTING(ch),TYPE_UNDEFINED)

One possible cause is that the mob dies in the stuff you added, then it
tries to execute this next hit() and the mob pointer = NULL at that point.
That is one possible explination.  I beleive I just put a check to make
sure character is still fighting before I executed all hit() as a
precaution or something similar.  I don't have code in front of me.

Moradin of Awakened Dawn