Re: [DG Scipts] Request for all information

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 01/20/98

>Also, while looping could be implemented with the addition of a variable
>to the command item structure, which would point back to the beginning of
>a loop, and would function basically the same as an if-block, with the
>exception that it would look ahead for the end of the block, set the
>block's back-reference to the current marker, and upon reaching an "end"
>with a back-reference, go back to the referenced marker.

I'd thought about looping, but I have a fundamental problem with it.
Builders. If I wanted to give them a simple way to lock up my mud,
I'd let them write the real code for it. I've got a pretty decent C
interpretter that could, from a programming point of view, blow the
doors off what we've got in DG, but I don't believe it's safe unless
builders are not (generally speaking) permitted to use it.

>Switch blocks can also be accomplished easily... the system is very
>versatile!

A switch block would be cool, IMHO.