[CODE] problem porting to solaris x86..

From: some git... (smash@RED.GOLD.NET.AU)
Date: 01/21/98

Hi all, i was offered a site for my mud the other day, but unfortunately
it is running Solaris x86, and i have been doing all my code on Linux.

Having never had to reconfigure cicle before, i have no idea where to
start.. i have added a few patches, snippets, etc and my own code.. re
running configure gives me the stock circle makefile again :(

What is the proper procedure to go about fixing it?  Or alternatively,
does anybody know the changes required so i can do it by hand?

attached is the errors i get when trying to compile on solaris with my
existing config... dies right at the end during linking..

-----------

gcc -o ../bin/circle  comm.o color.o act.comm.o act.informative.o
act.movement.o act.item.o act.offensive.o act.other.o act.social.o
act.wizard.o ban.o boards.o class.o config.o constants.o db.o fight.o
graph.o handler.o house.o interpreter.o limits.o magic.o mail.o mobact.o
modify.o objsave.o olc.o race.o shop.o spec_assign.o spec_procs.o
spell_parser.o spells.o utils.o weather.o redit.o oedit.o zedit.o medit.o
sedit.o aedit.o ident.o alias.o
socket                              comm.o
accept                              comm.o
bind                                comm.o
setsockopt                          comm.o
gethostbyaddr                       comm.o
listen                              comm.o
connect                             ident.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../bin/circle
make[1]: *** [../bin/circle] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home2/jrose/IMPORTANT/cod/src'
make: *** [default] Error 2

---------

thanks :)

Jethro Rose (aka Smash, Circle of Darkness imp)