Re: SPCC & Guild of Implementors

From: Justin (c616077@SHOWME.MISSOURI.EDU)
Date: 01/21/98

This is really old, but I'll respond to it...
Have yet to read the rest, so if this has been said already, sorry....

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, Whitey wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Fili wrote:
> > Purpose:
> >
> > To suggest CircleMUDs to players that value originality and to warn
> > players against CircleMUDs that dont.
>
>   That sounds like a pretty lame purpose.  Originality is very subjective.
> And do you really think you are providing a valuable service by 'warning'
> people about other MUDs?  I bet you won't be warning anyone about YOUR
> mud.  I bet YOUR mud will be one of the top recommendations.
Where you draw the line between original, slightly tweeked, and
might-as-well-be-stock is very subjective, but in the end, I don't think
anyone will argue that those that just change names of mobs, items, etc
are original.  And I think it's a great purpose.  You know how much time
I've wasted hopping around from mud to mud, running into another pile of
stock-shit after another?  And you could also just add a little one-line
note about what kind of theme it is, or what exactly sets it aside from
stock/patched.

Salvatore
*plink* *plink*