128 Bit Vectors

From: Chuck Carson (newearth@DIGMO.ORG)
Date: 01/21/98

Has anyone gotten these (128 bits) to work with pl 12? I have manually
applied the code, triple-checked each line, my partner has double-checked
each line, and we are still having difficulties.

Problem 1 is that when a mob hits a death trap we get a seg fault, the
problem line is in the aggresive section of mobile activity (line 95 in my
code). GDB was pretty much useless for this crash, the previous five
function calls were top level game routines.

Problem 2: When stating a player, the PRF and PLR flags do not show up. In
fact, I have yet to find anywhere where the sprintbitarray call works
properly. In fact, at one point, when I used stat <player> this is what it
showed for the PLR bits: <worn on feet>.

Problem 3: The patch says to add an '\0' before the BLIND in constants.c,
all this does is throw the spell affections off by one. ie: the spell
infravision shows up in stat <player> as CURSE.

It is imperitive I get these to work, otherwise I cannot use Circle code.
Circle code looks to be the best for what I am going to do, (ie the combat
system is tweakable to my needs)

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I would be willing to fix the patch
and
make it usable by bpl 12. I have tried this patch on three beta levels now
and have never gotten it to work. If I am forced to give up on this patch,
what are the disadvantages to using the AFF2 method?

Thanks,
CC