Re: SPCC & sect type ramble

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 01/22/98

     I don't know about that, but i am sick of people who don't post on
     topic stuff forgetting their OBcircle.  sheesh, if you don't have
     something relevant to post don't waste the bandwidth at all.

     --Angus

     that obcircle thing:
     I am trying to think of a painless way to implement travel sector
     types and area sector types with out having to edit EVERY zone.  I
     don't think i will get away with this one.

     Travel sector types : High move costs that you need to have fly or a
     mount to get past without having to rest halfway down the road.
     10-20 mv per room

     Area sector types : Low move costs so that you can walk around the
     adventuring area.

     This type of thing not only gets all the players buy and selling
     horses, but it also adds to the percieved size of the mud. think about
     where The shire is traditionally. just a little west and North of
     midgaard.  maybe 30 mv to get there...  now what if it cost 240 mv to
     get there?  would seem like a much further trip, wouldn't it... esp if
     the first time you did it you forgot your horse and had to rest in the
     middle.