Re: sect type ramble

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 01/22/98

Arctic has this sort of thing, and does make the mud seem HUGE!
Horses are must on that mud!  Just be sure you provide some sort
of stable system - put the horse in the stable and get a note
that is redeemable (at that stable only) for a horse.  That way
they can rent with the note (or quit the game, whichever) instead
of having to buy a new horse every time they log on.
Check out Arctic for a good example of this.

If I were you, I'd write up a little program or perl script to
generate some sort of default value for each room (based on the
area sector type, which I presume will equal what the current sector
type is), than do some sort of OLC thing to change specific rooms
where the program couldn't do it just right.

That should take care of 95% of the mud.  The rest of it you will
have to discover yourself or through serious playtesters who will
actually report that sort of thing.