Re: R: Re: [help]

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 01/22/98

At 11:53 AM 1/21/98 +0000, you wrote:

>> >Nope, no SYSERR is correct, it is an ERROR.
>> >I assume you have the auto-equip patch!  This is a well talked about
>> >fixed it!  Start in interpreter.c perhaps.
>>
>> First of all thanks. Secondly. Is there anyone who can remeber how to fix
>> it?
>
>Before equipping the character with autoequip, since he's in no room, put
>him on a room like 3 or something (it's used other places already,
>presumedly for similar reasons when you get force rented).  Then after he's
>been equipped, take him back out of the room so he can enter where he's
>supposed to.
>
>Share and Enjoy!

I came across this only after I patched in the copyover code. Basically it
requips chars before putting descriptors back to them, which is a valid
method... if it doesnt make sense, trust me that in my case its not an
error. =) I just removed the reference to the checks in room and removed the
changing lights.

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004