Re: [128 bit] Down to one problemo

From: Kenneth G. Cavness (kcavness@PROXICOM.COM)
Date: 01/23/98

> I have eliminated all bugs (I believe) and am stuck with the seg fault
> when a mobile hits a death trap. I tried shifting the bits and other
> things but cannot eliminate this probelm. I have removed the death
> trap rooms and have tested several days now without them and have not
> had a single crash. Can someone show me what they did to fix the
> problem? Or  can someone answer this: I do not need death traps in my
> theme, but will  keeping this bug pose in more problems that anyone
> can see?

The only problem I see with the death trap code is that it's probably
trying to send the mobile's descriptor to the menu screen (nanny
function):

Mobiles have no descriptor.

You might want to add to your death trap code a test for
if(!(IS_MOB(ch))) or something along those lines.

--
Kenneth G. Cavness
Software Engineer, Proxicom, Inc.