Re: [CODE] An Intangible mob/obj snippet

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 01/24/98

On 1/25/98 2:25 AM, Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET) stated:

>        I'd have to say, if you want an easy solution, for objects at
>least, just have the mud check for items that are no_take, and have no
>name (leave their name and aliases blank).  If so, discount it in the
>'look room' so you don't get the blank line, and discount it in the 'get
>all' so you don't have to have the "You can't pick that up!!" line.
>Realistically, it makes sense that something with NO_TAKE and no name
>wasn't meant to do much.  Just curious, why would you have something like
>this?  The only things I can think of, you could duplicate with room
>spec_procs just as easily.  You wouldn't want the characters to carry
>these things around i'm assuming...

It would be useful, actually.  I took about 10 minutes to imp intangible
mobs, and we use a special MOB_PROG flag to represent its a special
program/script mob.  We use this for such things as launchable grenades
in scripts attached to pulse rifles.  The script loads a mob, and lets
the mob loose telling it the direction to travel and all.  The mob heads
off in said direction, and after a total of 6 or so second, kaboom, there
goes the room.  Of course, the player doesn't get any credit for the
kills (yet... :-), and its debateable if they should.

I imped it for mobprog purposes, but one could use it for whatever reason
they would want.

- Chris Jacobson