Re: [CODE] An Intangible mob/obj snippet

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 01/25/98

>         I'd have to say, if you want an easy solution, for objects at
> least, just have the mud check for items that are no_take, and have no
> name (leave their name and aliases blank).  If so, discount it in the
> 'look room' so you don't get the blank line, and discount it in the 'get
> all' so you don't have to have the "You can't pick that up!!" line.
> Realistically, it makes sense that something with NO_TAKE and no name
> wasn't meant to do much.  Just curious, why would you have something like
> this?  The only things I can think of, you could duplicate with room
> spec_procs just as easily.  You wouldn't want the characters to carry
> these things around i'm assuming...

leaving the name of objects crashes the mud when reading from the object
file..i guess you could modify the code to avoid that, but i think that
making a flag, and changing the CAN_SEE macros is not only easier, but it
lets you name the thing something meaningful to immorts (who should be
able to see it)..ie, "the waterfall that knocks people unconscious"

siv