Re: [NEWBIE] Adequate book for learning C? [Off top

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 01/26/98

>ObCircle:
>Has anyone made a modification of circle to use threads?  What advantages
>do you think they would give?  What disadvantages?  Would performance
>increase or decrease?  What areas of the mud would be best benefited from
>them and why?

There was a HUGE thread on this in rec.games.mud.diku (or one of the
groups in that heirarchy) about threading.  I didn't follow it closely
at the time (was probably around Nov, 96) but they went into a lot of
detail.

Try looking it up at dejanews.  I got 148 articles using the filter of:
group: rec.games.mud.*
subject: thread*

That should give you plenty to think about! :)