Re: Question about stat

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 01/27/98

> > What does the  STL/per/NSTL stand for?
> > I know it's not Steal.  but how do you get  STL from PRACTICES,
> > per from a learn variable, and NSTL from a wis_app bonus variable?
>
> I believe its spells_to_learn and wis_app affects how much stl you gain,
> haven't looked at that code in a long time though. =)

        Hm. My 2cents...  per = percent skill/spell is raised when
practiced, and NSTL is # of pracs gained per level? NSTL = Number of
Spells To Learn ?

        Of course its a guess.  With the wis_app bonus, and diku's old
tendancy to quote ad&d verbatim, it looks like the old # of spells per
level, percent to learn/know any given spell, and bonus spells, from the
int and wis.  Maybe it was converted?  Wonder what the real story is?

                                        PjD