Re: The evil ~

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 01/28/98

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Sammy wrote:

>Personally, I'd just hack string_add to make ~ a terminator along with @.
>Then you get the added benefit of protection against clever builders who
>put ~'s in mob/obj/room descriptions to break world files and keep the mud
>from booting.

Well, I see at least one other person had OLC in mind when they thought of
this. :)

I'll have to investigate the ~ terminator idea more (same one I thought of
as soon as I read the original post) because you could do '~xxx' in an
attempt to avoid the termination.

In the meantime, you can just make a kill_tilde() function.  (Or get me to
finish the CircleMUD parser that will simply ignore errors and boot with
what it can manage to read.)

void kill_tilde(char *x)
{
  int y;