stock bug?

From: am85 (am85@UNIX1.CCAC.EDU)
Date: 01/28/98

Ok, lets say I have two swords on the ground, both with extra
descriptions.  I type "look sword" and it gives me the swords
extra description.  BUT  when i type "look 2.sword" it says
> You see nothing special..

It does this for any object except notes and mail.

I've been going through the code for a week and cant figure out
how to fix this.  I've also gone through the whole mailing list
archive and didnt see any discussion on thiis yet.  Has anyone
fixed this?