Re: Dam Messages and Spells

From: X Schiltz (joes@SKIPNET.COM)
Date: 02/01/98

Here's another way that will return something like 'Dave hits you hard for
23 damage.'

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Wesley Fonvergne wrote:

>         I am trying to discover a way to put the amount of damage you take in the
> damage message. I just don't understand how replace_string quite works, as
> when I attempt to put it in, I get:
>
> :argument makes pointer from integer without cast
I'm implementing a body part damage system and recently tackled with
dam_message. I would suggest modifying the damage message so that it would
be gramatically correct to put "for _____ damage." Or something like that.
Make a string containing "for %i damage." Then, for whenever buf is
initialized, or initialized, concatanonate(er....strcat(doop,orig)) the
"for ____ damage." on.

\  /
 \/
 /\