Re: Strange crash..

From: Cris Jacobin (jacobin@BELLATLANTIC.NET)
Date: 02/03/98

<snip>
>Could it be that next_thing is Zero? And the for line should be
>for (j=object_list;j:j=j->next) {
>
>If I try printing j->next I get that it cannot access the memory.
>
>Hope someone has an Idea to this one, it seems it's the major thing
>crashing the mud nowadays. *sniff*
>
>S. P. Skou
>serces@mud.dk - Implementor at the Realm of Chaos - Chaos.mud.dk 4000

        We had a problem that might be related to yours.  It happened after
we added portal, sinking objects, drowning chars and a host of other such
things.

        What had occured (due to a missing return or two) was that when the
code in limits.c had extracted an object the flow continued on down through
the function instead of exiting.  Checking to see if a portal would sink,
when it had just previously disolved for example.

-jac