[CODE] damage problem

From: KombatMUD Administrator (mudadmin@GAMES.NAC.NET)
Date: 02/03/98

In my mud if you do an extremely high ammount of damage.
(somewhere around 10000, not sure of exact number yet)
the mud crashes. I have tryed changing all references of
dam and damage to unsigned long from int, and I put in
some code in the damage() function which if the damage is
greater than the target's max hit + 20 then it = the target's
max hit + 20, I know this is working, because the last hit in
a fight always does less damage now. The number which causes
it to crash seems to be even lower when players are fighting
other players. This hasn't been a real problem yet, since
none of the mortals can do anywhere near that ammount of damage
but some of the imms who don't know better do.
I'm running a circle30bpl11 on Linux, and I could really
use some help.

Thanks,
     - Rain