Re: EXP Formula (Yes, again!)

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 02/05/98

Wesley Fonvergne wrote:

>         I've worked out a system for formula based experience, but I am ashamedly
> not very good at stuff such as logarithms. I want an experience system in
> which it takes maybe 2000 more experience than the last level took. i.e.,
> if you needed 4000 last level to level up, you need 6000 this level to
> level up. I'm sure it's not too difficult, but I am having a hell of a time
> with it! ^_^

I should think the whole thing would be rather easy.  I mean, given that
pl11
and pl12 have the functions to return the experience points needed to
level (the
body of which can be replaced by the "formula")...anyway, the math is
also very
simple.  If you are level 1, then the formula for experience needed for
level 2
is (2000*current_level).  So, 2000 experience is needed to go from level
1 to 2.

The problem with this is that, first, by level 5 you need 10000
experience which
may or may not be too much for your MUD; and, then, by level 30 you only
need
60000 experience, which I would imagine by any stretch of the
imagination is too
little.  So, unless you have some code that makes the mobiles give less
experience
to higher level people, I would imagine that another, perhaps more
complex,
formula is in order.

-dak