Re: [CODE][NEWBIE]Crashing during combat

From: Bill Merrill (wyrm@SHORE.NET)
Date: 02/06/98

At 11:14 AM 2/6/98 -0600, you wrote:
>> My first time posting so hopefully I do this correctly. I am pretty new to
>> coding but I am picking it up slowly. I added the dual-wield skill and a
>> second attack skill to my code(after alot of necessary modification). Now
>> when testing it, the mud randomly crashes during the middle of combat. Here
>> is what gdb outputs:
>
>When you put in dual_wield code and gave the character a second attack
>with it, you added another call to hit() im assuming.  What you need to do
>is put a FIGHTING(ch) check before you call the 2nd hit.  What is
>happening is you kill the mob on the first hit and are trying to call the
>2nd hit with no victim, cuz the mob is already dead.
>
>Hope this helps...
>
>Joe aka Moradin of Awakened Dawn

Hey thanks for all the help. Would reply to all but this is better. It
appears to be working. (for now :P) If anyone would like to check out my
hack (not pretty) just send me an email. Remember, am very new still so I
most likely did things I really didn't have to.

Thanks again,

wyrm

Bill Merrill
Shore.Net Network Ops