Re: [OLC] OasisOLC v1.6b + AEDIT + HEDIT + TEDIT = GOOD STUFF

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 02/07/98

> *  HEDIT saves to memory.  This doesn't make much sense, I mean, DG Scripts
> save to disk
>    instantly, why should help be differently?

hedit does save to disk instantly...then mimics a reload xhelp..the
hedit_save_internal remakes the help_index adding/replacing the changed
entry...

the reason for the instant save to disk is that save_internal only adds
one entry to the help table..which is fine unless you have more than one
keyword..so..i just made it save to disk (which will write a single entry
to the file no matter how many keywords)..then reload from the file which
will create the correct number of entries..

> *  AEDIT is pretty nice, although it makes for some annoying stuff.  Since
> AEDIT and HEDIT
>    are very similar in code (and require the same mods), it makes it kind
> of difficult to
>    put it all together.  Although you probably already have.

hedit should be similar to aedit...since that's what i used as a
model..how does that make it difficult? if anyone has problems
integrating aedit and hedit, i'd be more than happy to send a copy of my
olc.c for use as an example of where everything should fit..but then
again, i don't use oasis1.6b..i have the old old old version :)

siv