[Newbie] How do you keep players from auto-immortal'ing?

From: Brian (brian@IMI-BOTTLING.COM)
Date: 02/09/98

I wanted to add the "gain" code so characters had to go to their guild and
"gain" in order to level.  Can anyone recommend a good patch and/or
snippet/ and/or doc file for this (I think I've seen 2-3)?

Also, what code needs to be added so characters can't automatically become
immortal?  Is that just a simple if/then statement?  If they're level 30,
"gain" just goes to "return;" with maybe a to_char message of "sorry, you
can't gain anymore" ?

 - Brian