Re: [CODING] Random equipment

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 02/10/98

> Hmm...is that why corpses always disintigrate when you leave the game?

corpses don't save because they are set NORENT when they are created..
did you happen to just cut and paste the corpse code for your "random
equipment"? if so..lose the NORENT bit, and your problem of the objects
not saving is solved..

> Perhaps editing how things are saved in the pfiles would
> help...objsave.tar.gz didn't seem to work very well for me. I'm thinking
> about rewriting the pfiles for equipment place specific saving(I've
> eliminated inventory...or rather made it unusable). I was thinking about
> doing this by adding a few new variables to objects...like
> equipment_place, equipment_number, container_number. On loading, these
> values would be set to -1,-1,-1 respectively... Upon entering your hands,
> equpment place would change to whatever number your hands are, equipment
> number(which starts at 0) would be 1 higher than your last number. Every
> object in equipment would have equipment number, you get idea. If it went
> into a container, the container_number would change to the
> equipment_number of its container, you get the idea, re-loading would be
> relatively easy.

you mean like the auotequip patch that's available from the ftp site?
yeah..it works pretty much just like that..

siv