Patching

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 02/11/98

lo again,

I'm extremely sorry for the premature posting yesterday, my roomate took
it upon himself to send out all my mail while I was at work.  Anyways,
could we go over this patch thing real quick?

<snip of patch>
diff -c interpreter.c ../src-new/interpreter.c
*** interpreter.c       Sat Apr 13 05:39:21 1996
--- ../src-new/interpreter.c    Thu May 16 19:12:30 1996
****************** 1525,1553 ****
<snip>
of course that's the file we are working on now

<snip of patch>
        if (PLR_FLAGGED(d->character, PLR_INVSTART))
        GET_INVIS_LEV(d->character) = GET_LEVEL(d->character);
-       if ((load_result = Crash_load(d->character)))
-       d->character->in_room = NOWHERE;
-       save_char(d->character, NOWHERE);
-       send_to_char(WELC_MESSG, d->character);
<snip>

ok, the - are lines to take out? I won't snip again for the + as i think
they are lines to add?
Now then, what's lines marked "!"

<snip>
        /* If char was saved with NOWHERE, or real_room above failed...
*/
        if (load_room == NOWHERE) {
!       if (GET_LEVEL(d->character) >= LVL_IMMORT) {
          load_room = r_immort_start_room;

<snip>

what in the world is that, i have something kinda like that in the file
but not exactly the same, could somebody please explain these as I hate
relying on a patching proggy (like win95 makes one anyway) and I don't
see the reason of reinventing the wheel over something already done and
works.

OffTopic:       microcrap released a few days ago a batch scripting language
some of u may be interested in.  It allows batch jobs within 95, without
calling the command.com, it calls win95 services which does not happen
right now without this extention.  I will say now however, a good
knowledge of VB would be recommended as it uses a hybrid of java and VB
as the scripting.

Those interested can goto www.microsoft.com/management/  (that's where
they had it when i got it...but hell, who knows)

Thanks,

Baktor