[NEWBIE][CODE] strangeness

From: Bill Merrill (wyrm@SHORE.NET)
Date: 02/12/98

Hello once again. :-) Thanks for all the replies earlier. Worked like a
charm. Everything is pretty much doing as expected, if making a new
character and then choosing race and class, everything is perfect. The
inconsitency comes when I try and set the class of a char already made.
What I get mostly is "That is not a class", but other times, for certain
combinations, I get bogus settings. For instance, I set someone's class to
Gladiator, well instead of them actually being a gladiator, they are
instead a cleric :P

I can live with it how it is I suppose but being able to set a person's
class on the fly could be handy, for play-testing in the least. Has anyone
else run into similar problems? I can send the snippets of code I have
completed so far if needed, but I did not want to flood the mail-list. Once
again, any help is most appreciated, even a push in the right direction.

Bill/Wyrm