[IDEA] Int and Practice Gain

From: S. Mead (meadsh@ECE.ORST.EDU)
Date: 02/12/98

To balance out the Intel prac gain for the classes I changed the Intel
(learned) struct from constants.c to give the %learned instead of
#learned.  In the prac part of spec_procs I used the %learned as % of
the Max_Gain for the class.  That way the learn points from intel don't
max out at like Int=7 for warriors.

To make this change I just went into constants.c and changed this array:

struct int_app_type int_app[] = {

to have percents, like:
.
.
.
  {85},  /* int = 15 */
  {90},
  {95},
  {100},  /* int = 18 */
.
.

Then in spec_procs.c I changed the skill gain formula, like this:

In SPECIAL(guild):

after:
  percent = GET_SKILL(ch, skill_num);

change the percent += formula to this:
  percent += MAX(MIN_GAIN(ch), (MAX_GAIN(ch) *
int_app[GET_INT(ch)].learn / 100))

You will also probally want to scale your MaxLearn matrix in class.c to
keep things in balance.

If anyone has comments please let me know!
-Shaw