Re: [CODE] Mob Stacking in scan

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 02/13/98

> Urm, I am using the do_scan off the circlemud ftp site and have noticed a
> very ugly display when more than one of the same mob is scanned.  IE,
>
> You see a big bear, a big bear, a big bear, a big bear, and a big bear to
> the west.
>
> This is just horrible.  I was looking over the mob stacking code and wanted
> to impliment that here, but can't figure out how to it.  If anyone has done
> this, or wants to attempt it, please contact me.

        You can use the mob stacking code (i'm assuming you're using the
one from alex's site).  Simply make a list of mobs, and send it
through the exact same type of code - one list for each direction, and
then have it print it out any way you want..

> scan
You scan in all directions and see:
North:
[3] Dangerous looking fighters
[2] Sewer rats
South:
[1] A prostitute
East:
  Nothing of note.
West:
[2] Peacekeepers.

                        Etc.

                        This shouldn't be too hard to do.
                        Just substitute the mob list for thelist you
create.

                                                PjD