Re: [OASIS] [CODE]

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 02/17/98

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Brian wrote:

>Let's say you type in oedit 1001.  Now, in the main menu, if you hit ">" it
>would go to vnum 1002.  If 1002 didn't exist, it would ask you if you
>wished to add that vnum.  If not, it would drop you back to vnum 1001.
>Same thing going down vnums using "<".  I'm not skilled enough yet to add
>this on my own, so I thought I'd ask for help.

Offhand it sounds like you would have to call cleanup_olc() to erase the
current working item, and then call setup_existing_xxx() to place the new
number in the editor.

Not too hard if you do not allow them to create new objects, you just
increment the real number.  Creating new items isn't that bad though, look
up the virtual number, increment by one and call setup_new_xxx() if they
want to create the new one.

Couldd be ripe with memory leaks though, be careful.