ascii pfile error

From: Michael J. Fara (mulder@CLOUD9.NET)
Date: 02/18/98

i have recently installed the ascii pfiles patch..having some problems. I
added new entries for things I have added and it compiles cleanly.

BUT, when someone logs on and makes a new character the system crashes as
soon as it tries to write to pfile. Here is the log:

Feb 18 18:27:44 :: Entering game loop.
Feb 18 18:27:44 :: No connections.  Going to sleep.
Feb 18 18:27:47 :: New connection.  Waking up.
error opening output file: No such file or directory

no clue whats wrong... /lib/pfiles/plr_index exists (with nothing in it).
Im not sure if Im supposed to add anything in there and would appreciate
some help on this. I took the bugfixed version from George's site and it
only came with the patch..no docsascii