Re: [CODE] exp in groups

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 02/18/98

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Chuck Reed wrote:

> Heya there.  I can't figure something out mathematicaly today.  I want
> grouped players to receive exp according to their level.  I am not to good
> at figuring out how to do all these math things :)
> Just wondering if anyone has done this before?

I looped through the group and added up all the total levels of the group.
Then, when calc'ing the person's xp, I only gave them their level in the
share.

Basically...
Bob is level 50.
Joe is level 3.

They kill something that is worth 5300 XP.
Bob gets 5000 XP.
Joe gets 300 XP.

This is done to encourage newbies to group with their own level and to
realistically represent the fact that Bob probably did most of the work in
earning that 5300, therefore he gets a bigger share.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke