Re: Use Less RAM!

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 02/20/98

> I tried the patch on my MUD and noticed almost 25% difference in memory usage.
>
> MUD w/one player & no patch: 6.4% Memory Usage
> MUD w/one player & patch: 4.9% Memory Usage
>
> I have decided to wait to permanently install until the next version to
> come out. It raises many conflicts with OasisOLC, but overall it is a good
> patch.

for oasis..i have a two line check in redit_setup_existing..

  *room = world[real_num];
  /* allocate space for all strings  */
  if (world[real_num].name)
    room->name = str_dup(world[real_num].name);
+  if (zone_table[world[real_num].zone].unloaded)
+    reload_room_descs(real_num);
  if (world[real_num].description)
    room->description = str_dup(world[real_num].description);

siv