Re: [LIB] [CODE] Various OLC Editors...

From: Matt McLaughlin (mattm@SATYRS.ENGR.CSUFRESNO.EDU)
Date: 02/23/98

  Actually it is more fitting to be OLC instead of OLE.
OLE On Line Editing... sounds so stuffy for a MUD
OLC On Line Creation.... now isnt that what we do, Create, not just Edit?

  It seems that you are wrong once again.. You might create and not just
edit .. but for my mud.. i strictly edit.  Im not gonna go into detail as
to how this might be true.. lets just put it this way.. when you rewrite
your room stuff.. to be realistic.. and not just phoney and eat up a grip
of memory.. then you will see why my statement holds true.

  Im sure there are lots of people out there who have created a mud and have
done their room struct stuff different that the stock circle method.
It seems that circlemud was created in just one form of method.  Most likely
because Jeremy wanted to have rooms link to other rooms regardless of
type, size, etc etc..  stricktly by number..  holding a data type for each
room exit and for every room..

  I vote for the OLE..  online editor.

-DarkLord