Re: [LIB] [CODE] Various OLC Editors...

From: William Lessard (brand@AMERITECH.NET)
Date: 02/23/98

Matt McLaughlin wrote:

>   It seems that you are wrong once again.. You might create and not just
> edit .. but for my mud.. i strictly edit.  Im not gonna go into detail as
> to how this might be true.. lets just put it this way.. when you rewrite
> your room stuff.. to be realistic.. and not just phoney and eat up a grip
> of memory.. then you will see why my statement holds true.
>
>   Im sure there are lots of people out there who have created a mud and have
> done their room struct stuff different that the stock circle method.
> It seems that circlemud was created in just one form of method.  Most likely
> because Jeremy wanted to have rooms link to other rooms regardless of
> type, size, etc etc..  stricktly by number..  holding a data type for each
> room exit and for every room..
>
>   I vote for the OLE..  online editor.
>
> -DarkLord

  Ya might want to work on your quoting of others looked at first like a blatant
plagerism of my statement.

So you edit Hmmm You ever write a room description that was original? That is
creating. You ever make a MOB that was different from anything you ever saw?
That is creation. I guess since the pencil and paper are invented then no one
ever creates great stories they just edit them. At least by your definition. me
I create, I take a blank spot and create an Atmoshpere of Imagination and
interest.

Reorx
Coming soon (6-10 months) Dragonlance: Fate of the Lance