Re: User-defined colors

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 02/24/98

Allan Rolf Gortemaker wrote:

> Yes, I'm big on this user-defined stuff.  Anyhow, it's something that I'm
> currently working on when I get the time to do it.  Let me start off by
> emphasizing that this is not inline color and that I'm am sure that it is
> not in the contrib directory.  Anyhow, what it does is gets rid of the standard
> Circlemud color levels (off, normal, sparse and complete I believe) and replaces
> it with a bit that is either on or off.  An array is made (yes, in the pfile so
> you would need to wipe that too) that stores the characters custom colors.
> The user can decide what color he wants for any of many fields such as
> room name, room description, objects, players, immortals as well as the
> color he wants his says to come out in, tells, gossips etc.
> I currently have defines in utils.h such as:

<snip>

hello,

I would be very appreciative to see how you done this one as i'm working
on something somewhat like this, only storing preferences in files much
like player object files.  (side note, if you do it right, no pfile wipe
is needed :P) Anyways, i'm sorta stuck on the idea atm and some new info
would be very handy.

Thanks.

Baktor Silvanti