Re: Periodic Crashing Problem

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 02/24/98

Monthigos wrote:

>  I have yet another problem... My mud periodically crashes after 4 or
> 5 hours.  Does anyone have some good suggestions as to what the
> problem is so I can pinpoint it and fix it?  Thanx in
> advance... Monthi

I finally got on the MUD to receive my official Crystal Ball, and right
when I went to look into your problem, it shattered into a million
pieces.  I'm going to try to help you by saying this:

You will never get help when:
  * you can't tell us ANYTHING to do with what is wrong...  A
syslog.CRASH piece and/or some debugger
    output is almost always good.
  * Well, I guess I only had one point, but I was sure I was going to be
on a roll.... (darn)

-B.