Re: Periodic Crashing Problem

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 02/24/98

On Tuesday, February 24, 1998 12:58 PM, Monthigos [SMTP:monthi@IDA.NET]
wrote:
> I have yet another problem... My mud periodically crashes after 4 or 5
> hours.  Does anyone have some good suggestions as to what the problem is
> so I can pinpoint it and fix it?  Thanx in advance...

Let's see.. three messages in order:

1) Try looking at the #define CON_CLAN_EDIT and make sure it has a unique
number in the list of CON_ defines (structs.h)

2) If using Unix/gcc type gdb bin/circle lib/core  then type backtr and
print. It'll show you some stuff.. use a well constructed search on the net
to find out how to use gdb, then you'll be able to intepret the debugger's
results. (gdb and debugging would probably work)

3) Coder's and builder's welcome: Try the mud connector, if you haven't
already (www.mudconnector.com)

--Mallory