[MEDIT] Weird Crash

From: Mike Schlagenhauf (mschlag@CS.PURDUE.EDU)
Date: 03/01/98

Dunno if anyone can help me with this or not, it's got my brains completely
racked.  About the only thing I've changed in the code is re-done my classes
a little and added races, and a few functions to complement those, none
using malloc() or any memory allocation that I know of.  I'm using Oasis
1.6b (bpl 12), haven't done anything to any of the editor files either, only
changed olc.h in the flags section to accomadate for ITEM_ANTI_* flags for
my races & classes.  'Nuff on background, now for what happens:
    I create a new zone, edit a first room (tried it without editing the
first room), and save it, use redit save (also tried without doing this),
and all the other editors work for that zone with no probs.  My problem
occurs with medit.  They can edit the mob fine, but when they go to save it
internally, mud dies & dumps core.  If I enable DEBUG & I_CRASH, it works
fine, they can save and the MUD goes on.  Without I_CRASH, I get this in the
syslog:

top_of_mobt: 62, new top_of_mobt: 63
rmob_num: 63, top_of_mobt: 62, array size: 0-63 (64)
Append.
Attempted free.

And it dies right after that, when it goes to free(mob_proto) etc.  The odd
thing is, they can also edit a new mob for a zone that already exists.
Here's what I get on my GDB backtrace:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x4004249d in __libc_free ()
#1  0x2f4 in ?? ()
#2  0x1 in ?? ()
#3  0x7d830855 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x8be58955.

This obviously doesn't help me pinpoint it any more...  Any help someone can
give me?

Thanks...

Schlag
mschlag@cs.purdue.edu