Re: [CODE] Events

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 03/02/98

> This is what I get upon compiling.  And yeah, you guessed it, I haven't
> touched the areas it says has parse errors and what not.  Anyone else use
> this and have the same problems?

in event.c, comment out the includes for stdio, and um..the other thing
that isn't normal, and put in #includes for sysdep.h and conf.h..

also, you might want to keep in mind that particular event system
decrements a "ticks_to_go" variable every second for every event..this
could be extremely bad if you start using events for a lot of things..i
would suggest using the dgevents that eric green said he uploaded, since
it uses a hash table lookup system..basically it figures out which pulse
the event is supposed to run, and groups it according to that..so when the
pulse comes around, it goes straight to the event that is supposed to
run..uh..i am making the assumption that this new dg events is based on
the event system that he wrote for the dg mud..

siv