Re: [newbie] Systax Error

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/03/98

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Mike Carpenter wrote:

> What does this mean?
> act.other.c:404: Undefined symbol `_ch' referenced from text segment

First, I'm going to assume that this isn't stock.  Second, I'm going to
assume that you didn't really make ch an external global variable.  Then,
after all that, I'm going to assume that you didn't set ch right.  This is
not a pretty way to remove keys.  Just emulate the corpse code, and set a
special case if the item is a key so it displays "the key crumbles in your
hand" or what not, instead of "A swarm of maggots devour...".

        >most of code snipped <

>         extern struct char_data *ch;

        >rest of code snipped<
                                PjD.