Re: [charm bug?]

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/03/98

        Only cause I'm feeling my oats, I'll answer this.

> I have a problem with an integer or somethin'
> I think it has something to do with charm cause when I have charmed some1
> or something and then walks around with em' for a while the mud crashes.
>
> I get a error mess that give's something like
> "Integer out of range <and some more i don't remember>"
>
> Any1 has a clue why this appeares??

        Yes. You have a problem with an integer or somethin'

        Though, of course, if you put up a gdb extract, show us the
problem code sections, tell us what type of system you're running it on,
patches you've added that may affect it, any specific changes you've made
which might affect it, and learn how to spell, you MIGHT get a better
answer.

        Actually, the spelling isn't _that_ important.

   I got through that all without refering to any telepathic abilities!
                                DOH!

ObCircle:

        Hey sammy - how's the ascii-ifying going? Haven't heard much from
you lately.

ObCircle Mk.II:

        Has anyone created a morph code patch?  I'm not seeing any at the
different sites, but then again, i'm not looking too hard.  I know there
wazs some bru-ha-ha about it before, but i never heard if it was finished?
In anycase, I'm assuming that it would be useful - after (and between..I
have a short attention span) the coding of the path-editor addition, I'll
dolly one up.  Pick a fave style and tell me why its better..

        I. if you know the name, you can morph into it
                ex: cast 'transform' xap puff
           (limits? specific spells like 'transform to bear', etc)
        II.  If you have a model or corpse of one of that type.
            ex: >transform corpse
                You take the form of an imp.
        (limits - you've got to have a corpse - but higher level chars can
provide that..)
        III.  If you get the death blow, you (have a chance of)
remember(ing) the mob.
                Looks same as I, but you could probably allow all forms
since getting to transform is based on personal experience - harder..

        IV. None of the above.

                                        PjD